Sunday, October 04, 2009

Masks


I've been on the lookout for masks lately - mostly classic, plastic, cute animal ones like those above. Unfortunately, that specific set seems to be unavailable in the US, although it's cheap and plentiful in the UK, and I can't bring myself to pay the shipping.
Anyway, in my quest for masks of the cute variety I've run across some masks that were so weird that I had to share them:

I didn't know vintage astronaut masks would be so scary. Of course, it's nice to know that when humans go into space they transcend the need for gender identity.
And then there was this collection.
The monobrowed Native American fortune-teller(?) is kind of cute, while Frankenstein looks like he was drawn by a 14 year old. However, what got my attention was Little Boy Blue. Huh. It gives a whole new meaning to the "blue" in his name.



2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I agree. Little Boy Blue is very disturbing.

6:36 PM, October 04, 2009  
Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

Tee Hee!!! Does cooler weather just make us want to blog again?

1:13 PM, October 08, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





swing by the archives to see more petulishness
(the link is in the sidebar on the right)