Thursday, July 17, 2008

Video Valor & Villainy

The first two acts of the fabulous Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog are up now, and I highly recommend you check it out if you haven't already. It's a great introduction to the wonderful world of Whedon for those who have yet to become fans (and the only reason a sentient being wouldn't be a Joss Whedon fan would be an unfamiliarity with his work).
The popularity of the site is causing the video to bog down at times - my secret to dealing with this is to play the video in a background window with the volume off while doing something else, and once it is done, clicking the "watch again" doodad and it will now play through perfectly. I also recommend watching, rewatching, then watching one more time, as it gets better with each viewing. It will only be up until midnight on Sunday, so don't dilly-dally. Go now. What are you still doing here?
eta: If you missed it you can purchase all three acts for a mere pittance through iTunes. Trust me, it's worth at least seven pittances.


On a similarly wacky entertainment note, I've been watching the new series The Middleman and really enjoying it. It's a fun, funny, goofy, comic sci-fi action comedy with deliberately cheesy special effects and rapid-fire witty dialog. I only get about half of the pop-culture references (and that's being charitable - wait, is it considered charity if I'm both giver and receiver?), but that doesn't seem to hinder my enjoyment.
It's sort of like Men in Black, but centers around a female slacker who's in training to protect the world from evil.




7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yee Ha! For both Dr. Horrible and The Middleman. It's fun, summer stuff and I'll be buying a copy of Dr. Horrible when the DVD comes out to support Joss and company.

Thanks for the heads up on both.

6:50 PM, July 17, 2008  
Blogger Petula Darling said...

I'm glad you're loving them as much as I am!
I'll be buying the Dr. Horrible dvd so I can watch it 643 times straight through without interruption, and then I'll revel for a day or two in the glorious bounty of special features we've been promised, all while practicing my maniacal laugh. I suppose buying it to be supportive is a good reason too, though.

9:51 AM, July 18, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is: More, please? to Joss. I doubt if he can get NPH because of HIMYM, but he's SO perfect for the role. He does conflicted Bad Guy well.

8:55 AM, July 19, 2008  
Blogger lsaspacey said...

I want to see an extended version on broadway too!

I can't stop singing the songs in my head. "it's plain to see, evil rising inside of me..."

11:23 AM, July 23, 2008  
Blogger Petula Darling said...

That's the song that has been going through my head all day too!
And I'm sure it goes without saying that I start to giggle every time I see a hammer.

6:59 PM, July 23, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time magazine agrees with you all. It just gave "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" an A and said "This weird, moving musical from Joss Whedon is the summer's funiest TV show, on your computer".
They must have read Petula's blog.................

7:56 AM, July 29, 2008  
Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

Word!!!! i have no idea what this is ! I must click as soon as I can...even though the midnite deadline has come and gone. How did I not know?
I even read the Buffy and Angel comics!!!!!!!!

7:26 PM, July 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





swing by the archives to see more petulishness
(the link is in the sidebar on the right)