Wednesday, January 17, 2007

More View-Master Goodness

Here are some more pictures from my new collection of View-Master reels.
These are all from the Adventures of Sam Sawyer series. Click on the images to make them larger.

The first three are from the underwater adventure Sam Finds A Treasure from 1950. Too bad I don't have one of those talking View-Masters, because I'm quite sure this one is a musical theater extravaganza.


Sam offers coins to his new fish friend Marty in exchange for certain favors.




Gary, Marty's octopus boyfriend, gets very jealous. There is talk of a sword fight.



Marty is in awe after Sam shows them what's under his codpiece. Sam is as giddy as a schoolgirl and leaps in triumph as the music swells. Gary is despondent.

The End




These next ones are from Sam Flies to the Moon, 1950.


"Greetings Earthling. My name is Fisher Price, and my fellow Bulbots and I would like to welcome you to our toybox molten satellite."




"Hey - put that back in your pants. You're making me very angry. "





The Moon Men are vanquished/exhausted. Sam feels rather jaunty. He's not sure if it's due to his recent triumph or if it's the hormone therapy kicking in.

The End


I've been scouring eBay for other Sam Sawyer adventures. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll find the very popular Sam Meets Barbara Streisand and Sam Visits the Bathhouse reels.





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or maybe you could even find "Sam and the Stonewall riots" !
jungle dream pagoda | Homepage | 01.18.07 - 11:10 am | #

You are twisted! And I love it! More View Master! More!
Gina | Homepage | 01.18.07 - 11:39 am | #

Hey, you can make your own! Check this out!
http://www.vmresource.com/camera...mera/ camera.htm
It looks pretty dang cool.
There's also a gal that makes artsy-fartsy ones and sells them online:
http://www.vladmaster.com/
Julia G | Homepage | 01.18.07 - 6:56 pm | #

6:01 PM, August 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





swing by the archives to see more petulishness
(the link is in the sidebar on the right)