Friday, June 08, 2007

Petticoat Days Are Here Again

I had a wedding to attend last weekend which caused a bit of a clothing crisis. I'm always convinced I have nothing to wear, but this time was more of a dilemma than usual - I still have a few vacation pounds to take off which rendered some garments unbuttonable.

Fortunately it was an evening wedding, so black was acceptable, and I was able to wear this new-but-vintage-looking skirt and my dear, dear petticoat.
note: warm weather is slow in getting to Maine, but I did not actually wear a turtleneck (unfortunately), despite how it looks in the picture. The day was sunny and in the high 70s, but just before the big event there was a rain shower. The weather turned so chilly I would have been glad to have had a turtleneck as well as a snowsuit. I still had a great time, I just needed to do some extra twirling to stay warm.

My latest dilemma is that I now need more petticoat-appropriate frocks!



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore that skirt! The whole look is fabulous, really. I definitely think there are just not enough petticoat-compatible dresses out there these days.
Heidi | Homepage | 06.08.07 - 6:34 pm | #

Wow, that is *beautiful*! Is it velvet or taffeta? Sequins, embroidery, or paint? And the clasp on the jacket is a wonderful touch. It's great to have occassions to wear fabulous duds to. That's probably the only thing I miss about being in a band, is a place to wear my pretty dresses!
Julia Pequlia | Homepage | 06.08.07 - 7:48 pm | #

What a fantastic ensemble! I either want to get married just to have you wear that again, or I want to steal it from you. That's not very nice though. I share your dilemma. I have a petticoat, but no petticoat-appropriate skirts. It's very sad.
Gina | Homepage | 06.08.07 - 11:54 pm | #

I have some great skirts that need petticoats! I meant to bring a red petticoat back with me and forgot it in the garage (great gnashing of
teeth).
mary jane | Homepage | 06.12.07 - 9:53 pm | #

That skirt is gorgeous! As is the sweater! What a fabulous ensemble.

Hello, I'm Christie, and Gina lead me here. I'll be stalking you from now on!
Christie | Homepage | 06.15.07 - 4:58 pm | #

Please, please, please, where did you order your petticoat from? Whenever I search for "petticoat" in Google I get those scary Gothic
ones.
lsaspacey | Homepage | 07.21.07 - 9:54 pm | #

6:49 PM, August 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





swing by the archives to see more petulishness
(the link is in the sidebar on the right)