Saturday, April 21, 2007

J'aime la France!

We made it! We're sitting outside at a cafe in Langres drinking lambic (not at all French, but so yummy). We seem to have shaken off the jet lag and the weather is great, so no complaints here!
We flew on Icelandair, which was a little bizarre. They only had those distant teeny screens to watch, and the inflight movie was "Tootsie". I'm quite sure that movie came out before some of you were born. It made the film on the second leg of the trip, "Sleepless in Seattle", seem cutting edge in comparison.
We rented a car at Charles De Gaulle (you'll be happy to know we've already made our car stinky with cheese), and headed to Fontainbleu for our first night. . Fontainbleu is a very pretty town, and the chateau is amazing. Then we headed east towards Switzerland.
I forgot to put pictures on the laptop before we headed out, so I'm afraid I have no eye-candy for you. In fact, I have no reason to be writing this post at all except that I was so excited to catch a signal that I hopped onto blogger. I'll try to give you a post that's more worthy of your while soon.

Random note - my blogger page is entirely in French - "modifier le code HTML" , "Moderer les commentaires", etc...
Time to "Publier".



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WooHoo!

I'm happy to hear you made it! Have an absolutely lovely time and eat lots (and I mean LOTS) of good food!
Tracy | Homepage | 04.21.07 - 4:01 pm | #

Oh, yum! It's 2pm, I haven't had lunch yet, and as I read your post my stomach is actually growling. Mmmm ... lambic ... cheeeeese ...

Fwench cafe!

Lassaiz les bon temps roulez!
Julia Pequlia | Homepage | 04.21.07 - 5:11 pm | #

Tootsie? That is hysterical. Glad you made it safe and sound. Have some wine for me. :-) J'vue dre tua dece un blanc si vu plait. (I can
say it but I can't spell it. LOL) Oh and don't forget the chocolate in Suisse! Yummmmm.
Marie | Homepage | 04.22.07 - 8:22 am | #

So much fun!
mary jane | Homepage | 04.24.07 - 7:34 am | #

Greetings. It sounds as if you are having a delightful time. Carry on!
Gina | Homepage | 04.25.07 - 2:14 pm | #

I think it's funny that the ad by google says "Fat Belly" under the blog about eating cheese and other yummy things! How do they know?
Glad you are safe and sound. Eileen
Eileen | 04.29.07 - 8:12 pm | #

6:32 PM, August 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





swing by the archives to see more petulishness
(the link is in the sidebar on the right)