Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Over-the-Counter Stress Relief

The over-the-knee socks are coming along nicely, and I have to say that sock knitting is once again proving to be a wonderful stress reliever. After doing some research, I can't decide if I should call the effect Luvsox or Tranxene K. I will hereafter be calling my knitting needles Klonopins, though.
The fact that I was drawn to such verrrrry looooonnnng socks made me feel a little Like Water for Chocolate-y, but so be it.
I generally don't just knit without having some other form of entertainment to occupy my mind, and I have Gina to thank for my latest amusement (actually obsession is rapidly becoming the more applicable term). It's Project Runway. I'm not usually a fan of reality shows, plus I had somehow confused this with America's Next Top Model, so I never would have discovered this one on my own. That would have been a tragedy, because this show is great! The contestants have talent beyond my comprehension - they can design and make amazing outfits in a matter of hours under some rather challenging circumstances. The show is also not designed to be the parade of evils that most other reality shows promote - it's about the designs not the drama. And I can't even begin to express the love I feel for Tim Gunn (I consider him the show's host because I try to ignore Heidi Klum). I can't decide if I want him to be my neighbor, my mentor or my uncle, so I've decided I'd like him to be all three rolled into one. I'm sure he'll be fine with this plan.
So how obsessed am I? Well, I'm not only watching the current season, but I'm also watching the first season that aired a couple years ago as well as the current British version of the show, Project Catwalk (I was surprised that this wasn't as good as the American version - it has too much of the soap opera/catfight elemtent that I try to avoid). And of course I'm listening to Tim Gunn's podcasts.




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Normally, I would feel terrible about pulling someone down into the mire of reality television, but I can only say, "Carry on!".
Gina | Homepage | 08.18.06 - 1:00 pm | #

I wish I had a TV for this one. Yours is the second reccomendation. Both from people I believe.
mary jane | 08.19.06 - 9:28 pm | #

5:36 PM, July 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





swing by the archives to see more petulishness
(the link is in the sidebar on the right)