Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The process of elimination

So remember a couple posts back when I was whining about being busy and I mentioned that I had to take both my dad and Midge in for surgery? You know how I said both patients were doing well? Well, they were doing well when I posted that, but then both of them took a bit of a downturn afterwards. Interestingly, they both were having similar post-operative complications, in that neither of them was eating or following through with the elimination process that's related to it.
Rabbits have freakish digestive systems, and they can die very quickly if things stop moving along. Midge was minutes away from being rushed back to the vet when I was finally able to tempt her with some leafy greens. They had to be zealously wiggled under her nose in order for her to pay the least bit of attention, but she eventually took a few bites, and this seemed to be enough to jump start her system.
I contemplated bringing some Swiss chard to the hospital to wave in front of my dad's nose, figuring he would either eat it or yell at me to get the hell out, with either one potentially causing his system to fire up again. The doctors seemed to have other ideas (which is probably for the best), and after a couple unpleasant days my dad is on the mend.

In celebration, I present you with this lovely album which Davis brought home a while back. When I first saw it I thought it had been selected for either the polka factor (of interest to the new accordionist in the house), or the lovely petticoat-clad gal on the cover (of interest to me, a petticoat enthusiast). While both of these factors increased the desirability of the album, it turns out that the big selling point for this item was the name of the orchestra leader. You may need to say it out loud to appreciate it, but appreciate it you will - for deep down we are all only seven years old.







1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for a delightful chuckle ,so glad both patients are on the mend. Oh yes,the key is saying it outloud!
jungle dream pagoda | Homepage | 12.05.06 - 9:21 pm | #

One of the many things I miss about working at Unique One-you cracking me up whenever I went downstairs, you didn't even need to be there cause there was always something like this tacked to the wall! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it!!
Kristin | 12.06.06 - 11:11 am | #

I'm so happy the patients are both on the mend! There's nothing like a good poop and a fart joke to jump start the day. A *polka* fart joke no less! and look at those kiddies groove on the cover. Mm-mm-mm, they sure know how to have a good time.
Julia G | 12.06.06 - 11:39 am | #

Love your blog! I've been lurkering and finally had to comment. The name on that album had me laughing out loud! I had to share it with my office mate...and yes, we giggled like 7 year olds! Love it!
Tiffany | Homepage | 12.06.06 - 1:44 pm | #

LOL! I am sorry to be laughing at a post about your father and your new bunny not doing well, but damn you! You are one of those people who deal with stress by crying and laughing -- which is the perfect emotional cocktail in my book. Glad to hear that everyone is "moving" along.
Gina | Homepage | 12.07.06 - 2:04 pm | #

Oh happy farty day!
mary jane | Homepage | 12.07.06 - 11:05 pm | #

Well, you found my husbands hit album...he thought the title wouldn't hint to anything in particular but...well, Jon will fart nightly and we have candles EVERYWHERE to prove it....He didn't think anyone would catch on.
Eileen | 01.14.07 - 7:28 pm | #

6:02 PM, July 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





swing by the archives to see more petulishness
(the link is in the sidebar on the right)