Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Free LuRay Makes My Day

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I never intended to collect Lu Ray. It's a little too girly and delicate. Somehow, though, its cheerful pastel colors and whimsical shapes managed to win me over.
At first I would just gather it here and there when a reasonably priced piece would present itself, and slowly a collection grew. Believe it or not, all the Lu Ray in the top photo was found by Davis during two different trips to the dump. Some men might find it emasculating to scavenge such dainty pieces of porcelain, but Davis is secure in his manhood and he knows a good thing when he sees it. Now I just need to get him to build a Lu Ray showroom like the one in the bottom picture! It's from the April 2004 issue of Country Living - an issue that is so chock full'o'fabulousness that I still take it out to drool over from time to time (there's a pink stove in there that makes my knees go weak!). I'm afraid I don't have near the collection that that the magazine featured, but it gives me something to work toward.

Country Living's Lu Ray wall



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I guess that means I can take LuRay off my list of possible Christmas gift ideas. And I had so much fun last year bidding on ebay.....
Dianne | 10.25.06 - 7:22 pm | #

No, that's where you're wrong.
I still need lots of the pitchers, handled bowls and handled platters if I'm ever going to get that display wall presentable!
Petula Darling | Homepage | 10.25.06 - 8:35 pm | #

Just hearing the words "Free" and "Lu-Ray" in the same sentence makes me weak in the knees! How could someone throw away those beauties? And what good fortune for you to find them! Wow. I have that magazine issue and am always struck by that photo--they've used it a few times since then and it never fails to make me absolutely pea-green with envy! (I'm feeling a little minty green over your lovely pile!)
Heidi | Homepage | 10.25.06 - 11:31 pm | #

Those are gorgeous,I can't believe they were free! Lucky girl,theres definitely a Petulaish-ness to Larue!
jungle dream pagoda | Homepage | 10.26.06 - 11:19 am | #

I have to tell you that with each post I grow increasingly envious of your home and collections. Too fabulous!
Gina | Homepage | 10.26.06 - 11:36 am | #

I think I just fell in love with your husband.... thats ok, right?
Anonymous | 10.27.06 - 6:35 pm | #

5:53 PM, July 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





swing by the archives to see more petulishness
(the link is in the sidebar on the right)