Saturday, March 17, 2007

Stormy Weather

I was supposed to work today, but a slushstorm has left me housebound.

Yay! A day snuggled up on the couch with crafts and books and a smattering of the Pride and Prejudice box set is the fine stuff of which dreams are made. Of course, I first need to finish the cleanup from the kersploosh of water that came through our roof this morning. That kind of dampened my enthusiasm for the day (pun intended), but I'm pretty sure all is not lost.

I've started playing with some crocheted squares to make an updated version of a vintage pillow I saw at an antique mall last week. Here's one of my practice squares:



I'm actually planning on going with an entirely different color scheme (mostly pastels), but I am kind of fond of this fella.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's so pretty! My sister-in-law (snuffywump.blogspot.com) has decided to try her hand at crocheting, and she needs to see
these!
Julia Pequlia | Homepage | 03.17.07 - 3:57 pm | #

I'm glad you enjoyed your day. Some of us went in today to help the 4 customers that were out and about. I kept wishing all that rain was
snow.
Victoria | 03.17.07 - 7:20 pm | #

Petula! What beeeeautiful images you have been taking! That penguin in the fog and now this stellar close up! wowee!
mary jane | Homepage | 03.18.07 - 10:21 am | #

6:19 PM, August 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





swing by the archives to see more petulishness
(the link is in the sidebar on the right)