Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentine's Day


Davis and I are a little erratic with our Valentine's celebrations.
Some years the day involves flowers, homemade heart-shaped cakes, and hand-crafted gifts. Other years it's more of a "here's a pack of gum" sort of an occasion.
It says little about how we're feeling about each other. In fact, if anything, the emotion-to-gift ratio might be an inverse one (the better the relationship, the crappier the gifts).
We must be doing exceptionally well right now, because I don't think either of us has a clue about what we're giving to the other.
There's still plenty of time, though, right?

This valentine here is one I made a few years ago. It's a candy Sweetheart surrounded by five graduated mats, glass and a paper and ribbon frame I concocted (it measures about 5"x5" )



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm putting in an order for one of those now -- for next year of course. Naturally, this means that Joe & I will be mortal enemies by then.

Seriously, I must have one. Figure the cost of time, materials, shipping, and artistic endeavour!
Gina | Homepage | 02.13.07 - 6:55 pm | #

I am lucky to have a Petula-Valentine-gifty. Must snap it for show and tell!
mary jane | Homepage | 02.13.07 - 9:54 pm | #

6:09 PM, August 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





swing by the archives to see more petulishness
(the link is in the sidebar on the right)