Thursday, June 15, 2006

my poufy dress


"Anonymous" requested photos, and what Anonymous wants, Anonymous gets...

I hate having my picture taken, so I opted to photograph my dressform in the outfit I posted about earlier. The photo-styling leaves a bit to be desired (note the duct tape on the dress form), but that's the best I could do tonight.
This is a dress that I bought on ebay quite a while ago. The original waistband was up around my ribs (like most dresses from this time period are on me) and it was too long, so I did some alterations. After shortening it, I separated the skirt from the bodice and then added a waistband thingie made from the fabric I had removed from the bottom. It was kind of a big pain in the butt: I had to add interfacing to stiffen the fabric, the zipper needed to be removed and reinserted, and it was rather challenging getting the fit right.
It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with the end result.

edit: I made another attempt at a photoshoot (image on left), this time with better light and the duct tape removed. I promise I only Photoshopped a window removal and not any dress alterations this time (although a couple of well-place pins were very helpful!).



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!
Gina | Homepage | 06.16.06 - 11:54 am | #

This garment, before altering was featured in Interweave Knits Fall 05 I think...I know commenters should actually have the facts before commenting but some of us are impatient. And I also think petula as a model would be pleasing to all readers...and moths.
may jane | 06.20.06 - 10:59 am | #

Yes, this is indeed the world-famous dress (as I like to refer to it) that appeared in Interweave Knits. The alterations were done shortly after purchasing it, so the dress is actually the same now as it was in the magazine, but I'm sure it looked quitedifferent on a model that
doesn't share my flat yet barrel-chested figure.
Petula | Homepage | 06.20.06 - 12:26 pm | #

tsk tsk, one is not allowed to talk that way of one's body especially Petula's whose body is a delight, I should know.(let the rumors fly!)
What I mean to say, is that she always looks wonderous in all her fantabulos outfits, and she has a lovely figure we should be so lucky to have.
mary jane | 06.20.06 - 5:25 pm | #

You're too kind - I think I'm blushing!
(although it could partly be due to the scandalous rumors that you just started :-)
Petula | Homepage | 06.20.06 - 6:06 pm | #

5:10 PM, July 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





swing by the archives to see more petulishness
(the link is in the sidebar on the right)