Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It's Finished!

Things got a little hectic at the end, but I finally got it done.
I ditched the pocket ideas, and ended up doing a bird applique which I'm fairly happy with. The one issue I have is that it's a little too close to the center, and now when things swish just right it appears as if the bird is trying to look up my skirt. I'm considering adding a few more birds to distract from the effect, but I'm worried it could end up looking like a whole flock of fowl perverts.
I meant to put up this post hours ago, but I had no idea it would be so hard to photograph a pouffy skirt. I'd set the self timer, run to the corner, and then frantically try to make sure the skirt wasn't all smooshed to one side or the other. The "artistic" pose I finally went with has me looking down to make sure that I covered the big water stain on the floor with my foot.
Gina may not have sewn a skirt, but she definitely followed through on the bet. She's showing off her petticoat with aplomb, and looking downright festive.




3 Comments:

Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

This skirt is wonderful!! ...and the bird isn't looking up your skirt,he's flying!

11:36 PM, July 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacy certainly has won the contest with her beautiful skirt. I love the bird on the branch applique. Three cheers for Stacy. But Gina
definitely wins my award for penache & sportsmanship. follow the link to her photos.You're both winners in my book.
dianne | 07.12.07 - 8:18 am | #

I feel a need to add that The Petticoat Challenge wasn't intended to be competitive, it was just an attempt to set a goal that would get both of us sewing. That being said, I agree that Gina's post is absolutely award-worthy!
Petula | Homepage | 07.12.07 - 8:48 am | #

I think it looks great. The bird doesn't look a bit pervy in the photo.
Kristin | 07.12.07 - 8:52 am | #

Beautiful skirt! I love the applique! The shoes are adorable, and of course, the cardigan is the perfect vintage piece. Well done, my dear! A toast to your ability to follow through!
Gina | Homepage | 07.12.07 - 11:45 am | #

Love the skirt, it is so cute! Where did you find the pretty bird applique?
D | Homepage | 07.12.07 - 12:12 pm | #

Great outfit! Beautiful pose! I've been away, and catching up on your site. Love the bunny help, the orphan pockets, and the lone bird. I would keep just one bird, but maybe give him a shiney bead or sequin on his eye. I'm a little obsessed with glittery things.
Julia Pequlia | Homepage | 07.12.07 - 2:43 pm | #

Super cute!
ellie | Homepage | 07.12.07 - 5:42 pm | #

I love it. It's so simple and cute. Love the color too. Nicely done.
Jessica | Homepage | 07.12.07 - 7:22 pm | #

Oh you! AbFab, but I want a glimpse of the petticoat. I guess that puts me in the pervy-bird category.
mary jane | Homepage | 07.13.07 - 11:22 am | #

6:59 PM, August 22, 2007  
Blogger love.boxes said...

Oh.. you ditched the pocket idea. Well, this turned out just beautiful. Hope you don't mind a stranger stopping by.. I saw your cute blog name and had to see the blog. :)

8:29 PM, October 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





swing by the archives to see more petulishness
(the link is in the sidebar on the right)