Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Pies and Petticoats

I'm afraid I haven't made any further progress on my petticoat-friendly skirt. If I'm able to show you anything other than the plainest pale green circle-skirt tomorrow, it will only be because I worked very hard on it tonight.

So what have I been doing (other than making and discarding another pair of pockets)? I went to see Waitress and loved it. It was funny and sweet, and yes, I did have to dab away a tear or two. It was also really pretty, with a twist of a 1950s esthetic. I'm quite sure there was at least one petticoat involved in the making of this film.

The only real problem I have with this movie is that it made me desperately crave pie (the main character is a "pie genius"). Now I want to open my own pie diner, invent dozens of pies and then sample all the goods. My clothes have been really tight since our vacation, and I'm pretty sure that pie is not a solution to that problem. I'm considering just letting myself go.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take it from me. Do NOT let yourself go. 55lbs later, I'm regretting that I ever bought and wore elastic waisted polar fleece pants. I await
the finished skirt.
Gina | Homepage | 07.11.07 - 12:47 pm | #

whereis that movie playing??
Anonymous | 07.11.07 - 6:25 pm | #

6:57 PM, August 22, 2007  
Blogger love.boxes said...

I just love that apron. I need to see this film.

8:25 PM, October 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





swing by the archives to see more petulishness
(the link is in the sidebar on the right)