Monday, January 21, 2008

Bookends and Blogs

After whining about a lack of thrifting adventures in our area last week, we decided to make a pilgrimage to more fertile flea-friendly fields. Our excursion was 160 miles round trip, but it made for a fun day by Maine-in-January standards.
I've only had time to get pictures of one of my finds so far, but I hope to take more shortly. In the meantime, I present you with these freakishly kitten-like deer bookends that I'm quite smitten with:



I also thought I'd promote two blogs that I've really been enjoying lately:
PhotobucketLittle Robot is working on a paper & wood theater that is boggling my mind with its greatness. She's showing the project from start to finish, and it's really interesting to see the process.
PhotobucketThe artwork at Art and Ghosts is really inspiring - lots of dreamy pop surrealism.







swing by the archives to see more petulishness
(the link is in the sidebar on the right)