Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Jackpot 2: Vintage Boogaloo


Yes, there was another cache of treasure at the Free Store this week! Some more McCall's Needlework mags from the 1920s-60s, plus many fine vintage crafty booklets. I promise to share some pictures from them, but first I need some time to look through them!

In crafty news, I did finish the Over-the-Knee Socks. I have to say that a better name for them might be "Over-the-Knee Socks Until You Actually Take A Couple Steps, And Then They're More Of A South-of-the-Knee Sock". I suppose that might be little long though.
I don't think I went with the best yarn for the job either. It's a little too wooly to show the details along the back. Of course, that might be all for the best, considering they keep getting twisted around due to all the tugging that needs to be done to keep them up.





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you collect all of those magazines or save them? Just curious.
Mesothelioma Symptoms | Homepage | 09.28.06 - 1:18 am | #

I love nostalgic things. I am especially fond of the old Coca-Cola stuff. Anyway thanks for stirring good memories.
Tanning Lotion | Homepage | 09.28.06 - 1:20 am | #

So glad your posting again,I finally figured out how to side-bar my faves and I definitely put you on it.
What a haul from the free store.I'm sure you will actually use them as they were meant .Me ,I would probably cut them up for decopauge fodder.Great color on the sox!
jungle dream pagoda | Homepage | 09.28.06 - 11:26 am | #

I am already planning my vacation in Maine, complete with a trip to every Free Store in the state! I think the socks look adorable. Brave girl in her mini!
Gina | Homepage | 09.28.06 - 12:19 pm | #

Oops! Not that I meant you don't have the legs for a mini -- you do!
Gina | Homepage | 09.28.06 - 12:20 pm | #

Ha - thanks!
I don't generally wear such short skirts (and, let's face it, if it's cold enough for tall wool socks, it's too cold to be quite that exposed), but I figured it would work to show off the socks for the camera.
Petula Darling | Homepage | 09.28.06 - 10:59 pm | #

fab legs, doll.
mary jane | 10.06.06 - 12:05 pm | #

5:45 PM, July 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home





swing by the archives to see more petulishness
(the link is in the sidebar on the right)